Monday, July 14, 2014

Book #48: I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella

This is a perfect summer vacation read. I read all of the Shopaholic books back in the day (like, while I was in high school) and thoroughly enjoyed them, but I don't think I've read any other of Kinsella's books ever since. This book is basically exactly what you'd expect from her. Poppy, the main character, loses her phone and finds a working one in the trash at the hotel she's at. She takes it and keeps it and ends up connected with the man whose phone it is, and then follows a comedy of errors and romance, basically.

My one complaint about this book (and about Shopaholic, really) is that Poppy gets into such dumb situations and somehow has to get out of them, and the guy falls in love with her anyway even though she's kind of ditzy and always doing stupid things. (It's even worse in Shopaholic, really, because she's always going into crazy debt and it's ridiculous.) I also felt that it was a little too convenient how the ending wrapped everything up. In real life, she would not have been able to end things so easily with the other guy in that situation (not to be too specific and give so many spoilers though)! The storyline in this book was really fantastic and I thoroughly enjoyed it though. A fun romance novel where the good guy and girl win out.

No comments:

Post a Comment