Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Book #30: Happy Times in Noisy Village by Astrid Lindgren

This is the sequel to The Children of Noisy Village that I read with Dane a few weeks ago. So we moved on to this one after we finished--I loved that one so much that I bought it and this one on Amazon before we'd even finished it. It's the exact same format--each chapter is just a little vignette of something the kids did together and all of their goings-on. I loved the stories about them building caves in their hay barn and making a "cherry company" to sell their cherries. It makes me feel so reminiscent of the pure joy and "flow" that comes from really good play time when kids are just running around outside and being totally creative and unsupervised. I want so badly to give my kids that experience--although, of course, it will be a few years before they can do that. But I would just love for Dane to be able to run around like these kids do--but I don't know how much that would even be allowed in today's society. Maybe when he's 9 or 10 like these kids are? Hopefully.

The only bad thing about this book (literally--the only thing) is that occasionally the kids call each other "brats" or "stupid" and I don't want Dane hearing those words yet! So I just edit them out as I read and it's worked out fine.

I am so happy to have discovered these books. So much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment