Saturday, December 23, 2017

Book #131: The Long Way Home by Louise Penny

This may have been my least favorite of the Armand Gamache books. Clara asks a now-retired Gamache to help her find her estranged husband, Peter, who hasn't come back on their year anniversary like they promised. The most interesting part of this story was how they used Peter's art as clues to find out where he'd gone and what he'd done. But some things really annoyed me about the story, particularly in the last fifty pages. Like, the whole story was unnecessary, and everything would have worked out just fine if Clara had just left everything well enough alone and sat tight (that applies for the whole story in general, and for the ending specifically). Also, the climax at the end totally was unnecessary and annoying to me. But, since this is number TEN of these books, I needed to read it to get through the series. I'm close to being done with them now, just a few left! I'm still loving Gamache's character and the complexities we keep uncovering about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment