Sunday, December 31, 2017

2017 Yearly Recap

Well, I'm pretty sure I will never, ever, ever, ever top this past year for quantity. I am pretty astonished that I read 132 books in one year. Of course, some 40 of those were audiobooks--which in and of itself is an accomplishment as well! I finally figured out how to download audiobooks onto my iPhone (which wasn't that hard, it took about ten minutes to figure out how to use the library apps) and it's obviously helped my reading a ton this year.

Without any further ado, these were my favorite books this year (and I have so many good ones to choose from this year! It's so hard to choose--I'll say three for each category and try to put them in order starting with my very favorite.

Best Fiction: A Man Called OveMy Lady JaneThe One-in-a-Million Boy, Jane of Austin

Best Classics: To Kill a Mockingbird, The Scarlet PimpernelThe Blue Castle

Best YA/middle-grade: To All the Boys I've Loved Before trilogy, The Wednesday WarsCounting by 7s, These Broken Stars trilogy

Best Mystery: Obviously--the Armand Gamache series. My favorites were: A Beautiful Mystery, How the Light Gets In. Also, I loved Murder as a Fine Art

Best Historical Fiction: Hattie Big Sky, Everyone Brave Is Forgiven

Best Nonfiction: GritFrench Kids Eat Everything, This Is Where You Belong

Best Memoir: Everything You Ever WantedHillbilly Elegy, When Breath Becomes Air

Worst Book of 2018: Barefoot. It actually got a DNF from me.

This is going to be shocking--I'm actually going to try to read less in 2018. I feel almost a little burned out on reading SO MUCH this year. And I feel like I have lots of other things I need and want to do other than just reading. I want to just read books that make me happy in 2018--including some re-reads of old favorites from when I was younger or a teenager. So I will be focusing on just reading really good books that I already love--and a few other ones, like some biographies that I've been meaning to read for forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment