Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Once and For All by Sarah Dessen

I've never even heard of Sarah Dessen, but apparently she's a super-famous YA author specializing in fun romances? And apparently I'd added this book to my to-read list and then at some point requested it at the library and it got automatically downloaded to my audiobook library without me remembering about it, haha. But I started it and definitely enjoyed it, enough that I want to listen to more by her (although our library doesn't have many of her books on audio). In Once and For All, Louna (pronounced Luna) works at her mom's wedding planning business and has become kind of cynical about the potential of everlasting, "true love." She is also still reeling from her previous relationship and how it ended. But she ends up getting thrown together with a new co-worker named Ambrose, who is incredibly annoying, but who she begins to get to know and understand a little better. And... you can guess how the book ends.

It was cute and fun and well-done, which so many YA novels are not. I rolled my eyes at some extreme cheesiness (but I was never the type of girl to hug my boyfriend and cry because the night was ending and I didn't want to say good-bye). And not to mention a way-too-obvious bet between the girl and her soon-to-be love interest, which seemed wayyyy too planned. But overall I felt invested in the love story and couldn't wait to hear what happened next. Definitely a fun read (listen).

No comments:

Post a Comment