Monday, July 2, 2018

Winnie-the-Pooh by A. A. Milne

Like everyone on the planet, I know about Winnie the Pooh. I've seen the movies and the shows and read plenty of the Disney Winnie the Pooh picture books. But I had never read the original book by A. A. Milne, and I decided that was time to change. I chose this for a read-aloud to read with the boys, thinking Graham would like this more than some of the others we've read. He didn't necessarily get that engaged in it, but that was probably because it was a little hard to follow for a three-year-old. I thought it was so cute and funny, and Dane definitely got it, but there were some parts that I would imagine would have been a little difficult to follow if you were just listening instead of reading it on your own. There were some really funny parts, misunderstandings between the characters or confusion, and I enjoyed reading these very familiar stories--all of which I've seen versions of--in their original form.

No comments:

Post a Comment