Thursday, September 24, 2020

Maybe You Should Talk to Someone by Lori Gottlieb

I kept seeing this around and thinking it sounded somewhat interesting, recommended over and over and over, until I finally decided just to jump on board and read it. I read it on my phone in short bursts (this is working for me lately, since I don't have a lot of concentrated time to sit down and read) and I thought the story was really compelling. I really admire Gottlieb's honesty and bravery in sharing her journey through therapy, and the stories she told about her patients' transformations and journeys were even more worth reading. I really loved all of her patients she talked about after you learned everything they were going through and their efforts to be better and make it through their struggles. I also liked learning a little bit of armchair psychology through it and to see what it was like to be a therapist and what it was like to go to therapy. I can totally see why people say everyone should go to therapy--it sounds like it would actually be kind of fun to have someone to talk to like that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment