Friday, September 25, 2020

One to Watch by Kate Stayman-London

Honestly, I didn't really like this book. But I guess that goes along with the fact that I don't really get the Bachelor either. This book was basically telling the story of a girl who becomes the Bachelorette and her experience filming the show--except that she's overweight and has to deal with a whole lot of crap from awful people about her weight as the show goes along. I think it was empowering and very good to raise awareness about how one-sided and not representational those shows really are, and I was happy that Bea ended up happy at the end. I loved how confident she was, even as she also had to deal with a lot of body image issues (which every single woman in America deals with, no matter what size we are). But I really didn't like the many different romances she had going on as part of the show--none of them seemed at all believable--and I especially didn't feel it with the person she ended up with. I basically did not believe it at all. But again, I think that goes along with how I don't believe the romances on the real Bachelor, and this was just reading that in book format, and I was rolling my eyes the whole time. I ended up skimming quite a bit of the show parts because it was making me so annoyed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment