Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Pride, Prejudice, and Other Flavors by Sonali Dev


This book was RIGHT up my alley--a Jane Austen, P&P rewrite, set in modern times with an Indian family in California. What's not to love? It also didn't do too much to force the original story on this new timeframe--it just included the original disliking and then having to overcome and rethink what they had thought of each other. I also loved that the woman, Trisha, was the really prideful and obnoxious Darcy character, and the man, DJ, was the Lizzy character. The writing was solid and didn't distract from the story, the characters were lovable, and I tore through this book like nobody's business. Totally loved it and I was super happy to find out there was a sequel which I immediately checked out and read.

No comments:

Post a Comment