Friday, February 16, 2018

Ralph S. Mouse by Beverly Cleary

I don't have much to say about this one that I didn't already say about Mouse and the Motorcycle and Runaway Ralph. I don't know that I ever read this last one in the trilogy, but I don't know that I was missing much. I wish there was a way to introduce Dane to a series and then skip on to a different book while letting him read the other books by himself, instead of having to work our way through all of them. But he really enjoyed this one, which is what matters. There was one scene in the middle where the students in the class Ralph is visiting do presentations on mouse topics, and one boy writes a poem about mice:

Ralph is a mouse.
He's stupid, he's dumb.
He's as bad as a louse.
He belongs in a slum.

And Dane thought that was the funniest thing he'd ever heard. He laughed so hard he almost had a heart attack. That made the rest of the book worth it to see how funny he thought that was.

No comments:

Post a Comment