Saturday, February 24, 2018

The A.B.C. Murders by Agatha Christie

I obviously have been on an Agatha Christie kick lately, and I requested this one (via Inter-Library Loan, even!) because it's one of the highest-rated Poirot books on Goodreads. I don't want to read all her books, because there are just too many, but I wanted to just read the best ones. This one definitely sufficed. It was kind of a darker murder mystery than many of the other ones I've read, with a lot more suspense, since there were multiple murders and Poirot was responsible for trying to solve the case and find the killer. The murderer is killing people in alphabetical order, starting with a woman whose name starts with A in Andover, and then B, then C, and he sends letters informing Poirot when these things are going to happen. In the end, the police catch a killer, but Poirot figures that the psychology of it does not work, and figures out who it really is. I really liked Poirot's focus on the psychology of the case, using his "little grey cells", in this book. It made a lot of sense why he didn't believe the man had done it and how he figured it out. I really enjoyed this one, and it was a fast and easy read.

No comments:

Post a Comment