Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Runaway Ralph by Beverly Cleary

Dane and I read this one the last few weeks after Dane loved The Mouse and the Motorcycle. I'm pretty sure I never read this sequel, although maybe I did and just have no recollection of it. I feel like this book was definitely not as good as the first one, mainly because Ralph loses his motorcycle five seconds after he runs away and spends the rest of the book locked in a cage trying to get back to his motorcycle. Dane loved it still though--I love how he gets so excited and gasps when something scary happens, like when the cat comes and looks like he's going to get Ralph. I didn't love this one, but Dane did, and he is not going to let me get away without reading the last in the series (although I'm hoping to get to some Little House on the Prairie with him next--crossing fingers he lets me!).

No comments:

Post a Comment