Sunday, December 30, 2018

Anne of the Island by L. M. Montgomery

Anne goes away to college, finally, in this book, after having worked and saved up money for several years and helped Marilla save her eyes. I love how it wasn't this huge sacrifice of her ambition that Anne had to make; she never once questioned that this was what she wanted to do. She valued her family and the people she loved: Marilla, Davy and Dora, and her friends. I loved her time she had at college and the little house she and her friends set up together--it sounded just like the apartments I had with my roommates (without a live-in housekeeper, of course). And I loved the romance story of Roy Gardiner and how Anne realized she was wrong about him and how she really was in love with Gilbert all along. The only thing that could be changed about these books is more details about Anne and Gilbert's romance... but they are pretty wonderful as they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment