Sunday, December 23, 2018

The Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson

I loved this book as a child, and I meant for months to read it with the boys at Christmastime. However, we didn't get the chance before our trip to Utah, but I luckily found an audiobook copy at the library that we listened to as we drove. It's so short and easy to get through, but I just love the story of the Herdmans and how bad they are, but how they are affected by the story of the birth of Christ. The boys loved it too, even if they were a little scandalized by some of the parts (like the Herdmans smoking--that's a little dated these days, haha). I want to make it a Christmas tradition to read this every Christmas season (along with A Christmas Carol, although that's a little more high-minded than this one).

No comments:

Post a Comment