Sunday, December 23, 2018

Matilda by Roald Dahl

I have a major love for Roald Dahl books, as do most people who read them as children, and I couldn't wait to read Matilda with the boys. It's been hard to figure out how to work in reading with them once Dane started school, however, and it took a while for us to finish this. But finish it we did, and I'm very happy with it. I LOVED the boys' reactions to this book and how much they loved it. They were so angry about Miss Trunchbull, and they still talk about her even weeks after finishing it because she was so evil. One of the best moments of my reading-with-kids experience ever happened when I was reading the chapter of Miss Honey's story to Dane and when we got to the end and she said that her aunt was Miss Trunchbull, and Dane looked at me SO SHOCKED with his mouth wide open and eyes blazing, and we just stared at each other like we couldn't get over how crazy that development in the story was. He was so into the story and loved it, and I did too. It was such a good book to share together.

No comments:

Post a Comment