Sunday, December 30, 2018

Mercy Watson Collection by Kate DiCamillo

I had never read these books, but they seemed really cute and I hear so much about Kate DiCamillo that it seems like her books can't be terrible. These were really cute stories about a pig named Mercy Watson, with two owners who think she's a "porcine wonder" even though all she's really thinking about is her next snack. I thought these were so cute, but not my favorite kids' books. I thought the boys would like them better, and maybe they would have if I were reading them and they could see pictures. But we were just listening to them in the car, and they enjoyed them but never really laughed out loud or anything. I think they would be worth a re-visit, maybe when Graham is learning to read (because they are really early chapter books and are too basic for Dane now).

No comments:

Post a Comment