Saturday, February 2, 2019

Edgedancer by Brandon Sanderson

I bought the third Stormlight Archive for myself for my birthday a few months ago, but it has been sitting on my bedside stand since then because of all the other books I have been working through. I finally picked it up a few days ago only to remember that he had written a novella to go in between the second and third books. Luckily the library had a copy of the novella as an audiobook, so I was able to listen to it this week and really got into it. It is the story of Lift, a street urchin who you read about in one chapter of the second book, and her story is expanded in this novella, where we find out more about her and what she can do. She is on her way to becoming an Edgedancer, one of the Knights Radiant, and you learn a little more about some of small side stories from the books. Mainly, it just got me excited about reading the 1200-page monster that's Oathbringer, which is my next big read. It might take me a month to get through it, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment