Monday, April 22, 2019

Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren

I loved, loved Pippi Longstocking while I was growing up. I even dressed up as her for Halloween one year, with a hanger stuck into my braids to make them stick up straight and huge shoes and socks on. I also absolutely LOVE Lindgren's other books The Children of Noisy Village and Happy Times in Noisy Village and started re-reading those with Graham, since he didn't listen to them when I read them with Dane, and that made me think of Pippi Longstocking for our next read-aloud book. The boys were really into it, and Graham has been asking if there is a movie of Pippi Longstocking. They both have laughed a lot at the silly things that Pippi does, and they LOVED when Pippi was able to stop the bad boys who were beating someone up, and the thieves, and saved the kids from the fire. I think they were really impressed by her incredible strength. I liked revisiting this book, but I think I'll have Dane read the other two Pippi books on his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment