Sunday, August 23, 2020

An Assembly Such as This and These Three Remain by Pamela Aiden


I have read these books several times now and always want to revisit them whenever I get into a Pride and Prejudice mood, which strikes me every year or so. After re-reading Unequal Affections, these were up next. I didn't bother to read the middle book in this trilogy, where Darcy and Elizabeth aren't even in the same place, but just read the first and third. I felt annoyed by Darcy's overly romantic feelings for Elizabeth this time (how many times can his breath "catch" when he sees her?). It just didn't feel realistic at all to me. Maybe I am way less emotional and romantic than the average person, but I am pretty sure people don't usually think this way. But whatever, it was still a fun read. I also wondered why the author paced the book the way she did--including Darcy's proposal to Elizabeth and all the transformation that comes afterward all in one book, when the second book had literally nothing interesting in it? I'm not sure I get it. This is total fluff reading but the kind that I love.



No comments:

Post a Comment