Saturday, August 15, 2020

The Body: A Guide for Occupants by Bill Bryson

I think I've read a higher percentage of Bill Bryson's books than any other author alive today, haha. I just love everything he does, and I love his funny, self-deprecating style, and his simple and easy-to-read prose. Every time I hear he has written another book, I just go get it. I really enjoyed this one, a compendium of information about our bodies and medicine and physiology, but it was slightly terrifying to listen to and to realize how little we actually know about how our bodies work and about how little medicine can do in many situations. But Bryson did an amazing job just writing about the most interesting stuff having to do with our bodies, and I really loved learning about it. It was like a very easy-to-understand crash course in anatomy instead of taking Anatomy in college. 

No comments:

Post a Comment