Saturday, August 15, 2020

Unequal Affections by Lara S. Ormiston

You know me... I'm a sucker for any and every Jane Austen retelling. They are usually a 50/50 spread of enjoyable and disappointing. But this one really holds up. I read it a few years ago and thought it was so good that I bought a copy to keep, because I knew I'd re-read it. It's the story of what would have happened to Lizzy and Darcy if Elizabeth had accepted his original proposal. How could they have still changed enough as characters to accept each other and realized how wrong they had both been originally so that they could have been happy at the end? Ormiston does a great job of really sticking to the characters and showing their development as the novel goes on, and I really loved that. Definitely a comfort read. I might be about to head off on another Regency binge, if I can find ANY time to read the next few weeks with virtual learning, etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment