Wednesday, August 18, 2021

I Think You're Wrong (But I'm Listening): A Guide to Grace-Filled Political Conversations by Sarah Stewart Holland and Beth Silvers

I heard these ladies talk on a podcast a few years ago and then somehow stumbled over this book on the library app while I was trying to find an audiobook to listen to this week. It was short and easy to listen to, and read by the authors, and I really enjoyed it. It really made me think about what I need to do to develop my own personal political opinions and to understand my "whys" and my values so that I can really know what those political opinions are. And it made me really start to think that you can have political discussions with people without everyone getting mad. But I feel like in order for that to work, both sides have to agree to abide by the rules/ideals set out by this book. I definitely want to listen to more of their work, and I've started to listen to their podcast a little bit to hear more about what their stance is. I like that one of them is liberal and one of them is conservative, so that everything is truly more nuanced and not ridiculously extreme like everything else political that's out there. I applaud Sarah and Beth for what they're doing and I really appreciate their ideas and information. 

No comments:

Post a Comment