Monday, August 30, 2021

The Madness of Crowds by Louise Penny

I will always read whatever Armand Gamache book Louise Penny comes out with. As soon as I heard this one was out, I requested it at the library. I got it as an ebook and read it on my phone, because there was supposedly a 8-week wait for the audiobook, but I was disappointed that the audiobook actually came out quicker because I would have loved listening to this one even more than reading it. I enjoyed reading it, but there's something about the atmosphere of listening to Gamache books that makes them more special. This book was an interesting story which just feels so dang pertinent to our time--how does Louise Penny do it?--about people getting caught up in total insanity and madness and bad science, plus it was written in the time "after the pandemic," when everyone was fully vaccinated and safe again. I wanted to cry a little reading about the world we almost had if everyone would have gotten vaccinated. But the story was awesome and I always love revisiting Three Pines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment