Thursday, October 21, 2021

Love Lettering by Kate Clayborn

I loved Love at First by Kate Clayborn, and I wanted to love this one as much, but it just was slightly less fun for me. Still a good romantic read, but the storyline leaned too heavily on the main character's job as a hand-letterer and made it seem like way more than it actually is for me. She designs and makes hand lettered items, which seems super fun, but there was this whole storyline about how she hides messages in her designs and it can make things come true or not, kind of? And she spent a lot of time looking for hidden signs in actual signs around the city and getting inspiration from signs she sees around New York (always New York), but it just felt wayyyyy too artsy-fartsy for me. I liked the romance a lot--I thought the love interest was a cute nerdy guy and they seemed good for each other. But the way they met and the girl's weird kind-of-magical hand lettering talent just was too over-the-top for me. Still a great read though!

No comments:

Post a Comment