Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Windfall by Jennifer E. Smith

I don't have much to say about this except that it had been on my Goodreads To-Read list for years and years, and I decided to finally check it off by reading it on my phone. But it really didn't deserve to be saved on my To-Read list that long--I don't know where I heard about it from, I've never heard it recommended again, and it was definitely nothing to write home about. It was a story about a girl who buys a lottery ticket for her best friend on his 18th birthday and he actually wins the lottery and becomes a millionaire, and all of the changes that brings in his life and in their relationship. Basically, not all that different from what you'd expect. Nothing terrible, but nothing super interesting or life-changing in it either. It was a cute story but I've already forgotten the characters' names. Oh, and the ending is totally not believable to me (the lottery winner decides to use his money to fund little acts of charity by random people for forever? It seems completely un-doable and not realistic at all). 

No comments:

Post a Comment