Tuesday, April 27, 2021

A Visit to William Blake's Inn: Poems for Innocent and Experienced Travelers by Nancy Willard

I just read this because it was a Newbery winner, and since it was a book of about sixteen poems, it went super fast--and I don't know that I got enough out of it. It is kind of a book of tribute poems to William Blake and written in his style, but since I haven't read much of William Blake's poetry since graduating from college, I don't remember much about what and how he wrote. The poems were sweet and fantastical and fun to read, with absolutely beautiful illustrations (the book won the Newbery award and a Caldecott Honor), but I kind of felt like I usually do with poetry--that I probably missed something and didn't understand it very well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment