Monday, April 19, 2021

Ginger Pye by Eleanor Estes

Like I've said before, I'm not a dog person, and many of the Newbery winners seems to be about dogs. (What is that about?) I kind of put off reading Ginger Pye after I got it and saw the cover and saw, yep, it's a dog book. It had been sitting on my bedside stand for forever. But I finally plowed through it, and it was actually much cuter than I expected it to be. It had the episodic, small-town, old-timey, feel-good feel of the books my grandma would have had at her house when I was a kid, and it was really a sweet story about a family who gets a puppy and falls in love with him, until he gets stolen and they can't find him. They spend at least half of the book looking for Ginger and missing him before he's miraculously found again. This is one I probably would have loved a lot more when I was younger, but it was sweet enough that I didn't hate it reading it now as an adult. 

No comments:

Post a Comment