Friday, April 9, 2021

Rabbit Hill by Robert Lawson

I grabbed this one off my stack of Newbery winners that I have by my bedside stand because it was the shortest and looked like the quickest--and it was incredibly quick; it only took me about one and a half hours to get through. But I actually really enjoyed it as well. This is one that I feel like I would buy to keep on our shelves because it was so cute and sweet. The story is about a community of small animals that live on a hill with a vacant house, and they learn that a family of humans is moving into the house, and they're worried that they are going to be humans who use traps or guns or dogs to get them. All of the animals have such distinctive personalities and funny ways of talking, and it's just a really cute story about all the things the animals hope the humans will be like, and how they end up exceeding all of their wildest dreams. The illustrations were really well done as well, and the ending was very sweet. Definitely a fun one and I'm glad I found it.

No comments:

Post a Comment