Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling

I have literally been dreaming of reading Harry Potter out loud to my children since before they existed. I have been saving HP until I KNEW my boys would enjoy it, because I didn't want to waste it on them until they were ready and would love, love, love it. And, they did. We blazed through this first book in less than two weeks--which is incredibly fast for us for a read-aloud--and Dane was begging non-stop to read it whenever we had a chance. I loved seeing the book anew through their eyes and remembering how exciting and scary and amazing it is when you read it the first time. I just loved it SO MUCH. I was literally getting emotional and choked up reading the last few pages with them because I was just so happy that they loved it so much and that we were experiencing it together. Dane immediately took the book and started reading it by himself again. And we are going to read the second one now!

No comments:

Post a Comment