Monday, June 12, 2017

Book #57: From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E. L. Konigsburg

I LOVED this book when I was a kid, and I had completely forgotten about it. I'm so glad to have re-encountered it! I definitely need to buy my own copy of this to have for my kids. I loved the story of how Claudia and Jamie ran away from home and stayed at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I thought the idea of staying in the museum sounded so exciting and fun as a kid--I always enjoyed that image. While they're staying at the museum, both kids get interested in the mystery of a new statue at the museum, about whether it was carved by Michelangelo or not. So they go to the old owner's house, Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler, to find out what she knows and discover the mystery.

For some reason, this book is almost magical to me. Maybe it's the nostalgia of having read it as a kid or just the excitement of staying at this very exciting place. I just know that I love it and I definitely will not forget about it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment