Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Book #64: Talking as Fast as I Can by Lauren Graham

I watched about five and a half seasons of Gilmore Girls (before I got tired of the Rory storyline where she is sleeping with married Dean and couldn't stand to watch any more) and I kept hearing good review of Lauren Graham's memoir. She writes about her experiences with Gilmore Girls and Parenthood and also her early life and experiences. I couldn't stop smiling and laughing as I listened to hear reading (that's the thing I love about listening to memoirs, when they're read by the author it sounds so familiar and enjoyable). Her hilarious personality shines through and I felt like we could be GREAT FRIENDS. I agreed with so many of the things she ranted about. The main disappointment about this book was that it felt a little bit rushed and short--like it was rushed to try and get it out in time for the Gilmore Girls revival to come out. There wasn't all that much depth to it and you didn't really get a huge sense of her life, which I feel like is part of the point of a memoir, right? But still, it was a really fun book to listen to and I thoroughly enjoyed what was there--I just wished there was more. I now really want to check out her novel that she wrote before this one (she was an English major!) and watch whatever she is in.

No comments:

Post a Comment