Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Book #109: Ramona the Pest by Beverly Cleary

Oh, I LOVED the Ramona books when I was younger. And I thought this would be such a fun one to read with Dane, since it's when Ramona is in kindergarten. I just love how Beverly Cleary gets into Ramona's head, and how we get a look at how a kindergartener thinks. Ramona thinks like a kindergartener, and we get to think like her. I love, love, love that about this book. I love each of the different chapters about Ramona as well--like when she gets stuck in the mud in her new beautiful red rain boots, or how she gets sent home for pulling Susan's curls too many times, and her scary witch costume for Halloween. Kindergarteners are just so fun, and Beverly Cleary (I have to use both names, she's not just a last name person to me) really makes Ramona just fun. Dane was enthralled by Ramona too--particularly when she and Howie take the third wheel off her trike and make it a two-wheeler, and when Ramona loses her first tooth--and it was a total success. We are going to read Ramona and Beezus next (which actually comes before this one chronologically, but oh well).

No comments:

Post a Comment