Monday, October 16, 2017

Book #107: I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella

Okay, I'm obviously on some sort of Sophie Kinsella streak lately because this is the third one I've read in the last week or two, haha. It's just so easy because I can read one in two or three hours, it doesn't take much concentration, and they're always fun and work out pretty well in the end. I read this one before and enjoyed it enough to re-read it this week. Poppy, the main character in this book, loses her engagement ring and her phone in the same night, and she finds a replacement phone in the trash can at the hotel where she was and uses it. She manages to fall in love with the guy whose phone it is while discovering that her fiance is kind of a jerk so she gets to break it off with him at the altar and stay with her true love. Haha.

I liked that Poppy was a normal, not-super-ditzy girl (like some of Kinsella's heroines are, in Shopaholic and Can You Keep a Secret?). I laughed out loud a few times in the scenes where she was feeling really dumb with her fiance's super smart academic family. She did still end up getting into some ridiculous situations, which seem kind of inexplicable and unrealistic--but I guess that's part of the genre. All in all, it was a fun read and worth it if it only takes a few hours to get through.

No comments:

Post a Comment