Wednesday, October 7, 2020

The Crossover by Kwame Alexander

I REALLY liked this book. I thought it was so good and I basically liked everything about it. The format, in a kind of poetry/rap writing, was super enthralling (and made it quick to read); the characters were sweet and believable and struggling with real things; the plot and the basketball were fun and exciting. I basically blazed through this super fast because it was so easy to keep going and because I didn't want to stop. I loved that the main character, Josh, was dealing with things that were super important (like his dad's health) and not so important (like his hair getting cut when he didn't want it to), although they felt really important to him. The story felt earnest and real, and I was surprised when the ending turned out devastating, but with a hopeful turn. I thought this definitely deserved the Newbery and I know my boys will LOVE it when they get older. 

No comments:

Post a Comment