Wednesday, October 7, 2020

When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead

This book took me by surprise. It's like 95% a normal story, realistic fiction about a girl in her normal life in New York City in the 1970s. But then you start to figure out there's time travel involved. I thought this story was just brilliant, and I absolutely loved it. I don't know why I haven't heard more about it... I really liked the way the author wrote and how she tells the story, I loved the main character and how she develops and learns where she needs to be kinder to everyone, and I was so impressed with the twists that I didn't really see coming with the time travel. I also loved how she incorporated A Wrinkle in Time throughout this book, with explicit references to time travel and kind of as foreshadowing for what is coming. I definitely would have loved this book as a kid and I really am happy that I read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment