Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Open Book by Jessica Simpson

I'd gotten a few recommendations for Jessica Simpson's autobiography, and when I heard she was the narrator for the audiobook, I finally checked it out. I am a sucker for celebrity memoir audiobooks that are read by the celebrity themselves. I love hearing their own voices. This book seemed like a therapy exercise for Jessica, and I was definitely rooting for her all the way. She seems like such a normal person (albeit one with extremely expensive tastes) and I liked hearing about her childhood and her progression into extreme stardom. She was a great narrator and she got choked up at the sad parts and it really made me feel for her. She definitely has more to her than I had thought (I guess I'd judged her!) and I am happy for her and her kids that she has turned herself around by recognizing her alcohol addiction and getting into therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment