Tuesday, December 29, 2020

The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill

I've had this book on my to-read list for over THREE YEARS, and I've checked it out from the library at least five times. And even once I started, it took me so long to read it. And I REALLY liked it! I don't know what was my issue with this book, because it was cute, and loving, and magical--for some reason, I just couldn't get through it. It's obviously meant for middle-grade readers, which is probably my problem. But I bet Dane would love it. I might check it out for him. The book is about Luna, a girl who is given magical powers when she accidentally drinks the moon as an infant, and a lot of other different characters who come together throughout the book. There's a tiny dragon, a swamp monster, a witch, an insane woman, and some very good people who work together to defeat the bad people. I thought the message about the Sorrow Eater was really pertinent--she had so much sorrow within that she spent her whole life (centuries) trying to make everyone else sorrowful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment