Thursday, December 31, 2020

2020 Yearly Recap

This is my best reading year, by just the numbers, that I've ever had! I almost hit 150 books--Goodreads has me at 147 for the year. I'm really impressed and proud of myself. If I hadn't stopped doing audiobooks for a lot of the year--dang Covid--I would have gone over and above that 150 mark. Of course, a lot of these books this year were middle-grade novels or books I read to the boys, so many of them were super quick and easy, but I'm still taking it. 

I also love that I really loved a lot of the books I read. Some years I look back and I think, I really didn't love anything I read this year. Not so for this year. This was a great reading year in all aspects. I'm not sure what made it so great--partly that I had a lot of time to read with a new baby and lots of nursing, partly that I read a lot of books suggested by the Modern Mrs. Darcy Summer Reading Guide and they are usually winners, partly that I felt free to read whatever sounded good and didn't try too hard to read anything too hard or fancy since there was a global pandemic happening and my stress levels were high a lot. For whatever reason, this all worked. 

I'm hoping to continue this trend for the new year--although I do want to work through that stack of books on my bedside stand I've been meaning to read all year!

Best of the year: Stamped from the Beginning

Best non-fiction: The Library Book, The Priesthood Power of Women

Best fiction: The Dutch House, Lovely War

Best romance: Pride, Prejudice, and Other Flavors, The Happy Ever After Playlist, Beach Read, Things You Save in a Fire

Best mystery: Truly Devious trilogy

Best middle-grade: A Long Way from Chicago, Merci Suarez Changes Gears, When You Reach Me

Best audiobooks: Sleeping Giants, Daisy Jones and the Six

No comments:

Post a Comment