Saturday, January 11, 2020

The Priesthood Power of Women: In the Temple, Church, and Family by Barbara Morgan Gardner

This was one of the most eye-opening books I have ever read. It makes me incredibly sad that I didn't understand all of this about the priesthood before, because this has honestly changed my life and my testimony. I feel like understanding more about the priesthood has answered and can answer so many of the questions that I have had, and that many other people have had. Gardner has done so much research and reading, and is incredibly well-organized in her writing. This book felt much more in-depth than Sheri Dew's book about the priesthood, which makes sense considering Gardner's background as a professor and researcher, and I felt like she did a very good job presenting the information in such an organized way. I underlined sentences on almost every page of this book--so many things I wanted to remember and come back to, and to use in my talk about the priesthood next week. I'm so grateful to have read this and to have been assigned this talk so that I've been motivated to study so much more about the priesthood. The more I read, the more I've realized I need to read more, and ponder, and pray about it, but this was an incredibly valuable resource that has given me so much more light on this subject than any other book I've read.

No comments:

Post a Comment