Sunday, January 26, 2020

Holes by Louis Sachar

Of all of the Newbery award winners, this was probably the one I was most familiar with and least needing to re-read. I remembered the whole plotline and everything about it, because I read this book dozens of times when I was the right age for it. But I figured, why not read a book I already KNOW I'll enjoy? Why skip out on a great middle-grade novel just because I've already read it, if I'm reading a bunch of other less exciting ones too? So I read this on Saturday night and plowed through it really quickly, and loved it just as much as I knew I would. I really just wanted to introduce Dane to it right away, because of how good it is and how weird and random and strange it is, but although I know he's capable of reading it, I think he will enjoy it more later when he's a little bit older. There's no rush. He will have plenty of time to fall in love with Holes later on. Although this book is weird and kind of unbelievable, it's just so great and exciting and so un-put-down-able that it's hard not to love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment