Thursday, January 30, 2020

Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien

Yet another book that I dearly loved as a kid and which I haven't read for at least two decades. I am really having fun reading these Newbery award winners that I had a strong connection with as a child... Maybe I will get tired of this goal once I get past all the ones I've read and start reading new ones I don't love. This is a really interesting story about some genetically modified rats who escaped from a lab that was studying them and have set up their own civilization with electricity and food, etc. It sounds like it is a ridiculous story when you summarize it quickly, but when you read it and the rat is explaining everything that happened to Mrs. Frisby, you totally believe, Oh, yeah, this could totally happen. This book totally held up for me--it was still so fun to read, even as an adult. And I definitely, definitely want to read this one with Dane sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment