Sunday, February 9, 2020

The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare

I remember reading this book in fifth grade for school, and I liked it then, but didn't remember anything about it. I absolutely loved reading it this time around. I thought the writing was clear and precise and easy to read, and Speare did such a great job creating the world of this Puritan group. I thought Kat coming in as an outsider, from a totally different place, was such a great way to show what life was like back then and why it would be so different to what we are used to today. Kat was also such a great character--she wasn't spoiled or annoying, but free-spirited and strong and trying to do her best and be kind in a hard situation. I definitely enjoyed this and would read it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment