Sunday, February 9, 2020

The Twenty-One Balloons by William Pene du Bois

I really liked this book. I don't know if I'd ever read it before, but I found this on the shelves at my parents' house as well and enjoyed reading through it. The story is about a Professor William Waterford Sherman, who goes off on what he thinks is going to be a year spent in a hot air balloon, before he gets balloon-wrecked on what he thinks is an uninhabited island and finds an unknown group of people living there with the biggest supply of diamonds in the world. I thought this book was wacky and fun and super random. There would be quite a lot of physics and interesting pseudo-science to figure out in here for a young kid reading it, and I thought the adventure part of the story was so fun. I loved how Professor Sherman just got bored with his life and decided to build and go off on a hot-air balloon voyage. That's something that I think everyone can relate to, or at least imagine. This was much more fun than I imagined it would be before reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment