Friday, February 14, 2020

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C. S. Lewis

I just adore the Chronicles of Narnia so much. And I adore reading them aloud to the boys. I don't know why it's taking us so long to get through them. I think part of the problem is that I am having a hard time reading to them at night, because we are getting so busy, but also because I wasn't feeling good for so long, so I got out of the habit. The boys both loved this story about all of the adventures Lucy, Eustace, and Edmund get into on the Dawn Treader with Caspian. They absolutely love Reepicheep, and they really got a lot of the humor about his boldness and over-the-top bravery. I totally loved revisiting this, and kept waiting for certain parts, like the part where Lucy sees the shepherd mermaid girl in the water, and where they meet the wizard with the Monopods. I am debating about whether to read the next Narnia book next, but I think we will.

No comments:

Post a Comment