Saturday, February 15, 2020

Landline by Rainbow Rowell

I loved a few of Rainbow Rowell's books a few years ago, but haven't ever read any of them since. This one was available as an audiobook from my library, and I was in between audiobooks and searching for something to listen to. This book is about Georgie, who works as a comedy writer for TV, and who is finally getting her big break for her own TV show. But she doesn't realize the toll it is taking on her marriage and family... until maybe it's too late to go back? But she manages to find a way to go back in time, just a little bit, to learn more about herself and her marriage and where it went wrong.

I thought the storyline was cute, and liked the flashbacks about the history of the relationship between Georgie and Neal. I just felt like it was sooooo slowwwwww. There wasn't a lot of (or any) action, just a lot of Georgie waiting around to talk to Neal and wondering why he's not answering his phone, and blah blah blah. Rainbow Rowell is a super talented writer, though, and I really enjoyed it as I listened, and really got to know each of the characters. It just maybe could have used a little less agonizing and angstiness from Georgie.

No comments:

Post a Comment