Monday, January 13, 2020

The Melchizedek Priesthood: Understanding the Doctrine, Living the Principles by Dale G. Renlund and Ruth Lybbert Renlund

This is the third book I've read in the last two weeks about the priesthood, and I still feel like I am barely starting to understand more about it. This book was not about women and the priesthood, like the previous two that I read, but it was a solid, foundational overview of the priesthood and what we know about it from the scriptures and from the Renlunds' experiences (particularly Elder Renlund's experiences). I loved the second half of the book where they shared specific principles that priesthood holders should live their lives by, because it really emphasized the humility and selfless service that is defining of the priesthood. I feel so inspired to think of the good that men living the true order of the priesthood can be like--truly focusing on humility and trying to be like the Savior. I am trying to figure out how to relate all of this to my talk on Sunday, but either way, it was very useful and interesting to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment