Saturday, January 4, 2020

The Year of Less by Cait Flanders

I really wanted to only read really good books in 2020. Books that I actually wanted to read, and books that were really good. I already failed with the first book of the year. I got sucked in by the cover on this one, I guess, and I also do love books that are about year-long projects (even though they are starting to get old). I started reading it while we were eating lunch at McDonald's and the kids were playing, and I had already checked the e-book out from the library so it was just waiting for me on my phone. The one really good thing about this book was that it only took me about an hour and a half of reading (I did skim some sections because I was so bored). This book was just filled with meaningless meandering thoughts by Flanders, who has no expertise and did no research into this topic, so this book was really just the story of her year and her kind of whining about how hard her life is when it sounds like she just had a lot of addictions that she had gotten herself into that she was getting herself out of. Kudos to her for doing it and turning her life around, but man... this was just not interesting and not inspiring and not at all worth the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment