Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Stuff You Should Know: An Incomplete Compendium of Mostly Interesting Things by Josh Clark and Charles W. "Chuck" Bryant with Nils Parker

I've listened to the Stuff You Should Know podcast, off and on, for almost a decade. That's pretty amazing. They've been going since maybe 2008, and I listened to them religiously for a long time until I discovered audiobooks and became more interested in listening to books. I still will turn them on when there's an interesting topic, but Josh and Chuck can turn any topic, no matter how boring, into something worth listening to. I love Josh and Chuck--I feel like I know them--so I wanted to support them so when I heard they finally had a book coming out, so I preordered it and promptly read it when I got it. I thought it was pretty interesting--each chapter was just a writeup about a different topic, in the authors' voices. It basically seemed like each chapter was a podcast episode from them. But I'll be honest, I prefer hearing them talk. The book was fine, just not amazing. But their footnotes were hilarious and made the whole thing worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment