Wednesday, February 17, 2021

The Higher Power of Lucky by Susan Patron

This book was sweet and kind of weird. I liked Lucky, the main character, and her interest in science and in creating a museum. I liked her determination and her attempts to find her "higher power." I thought the setting was very vivid and it was really interesting to imagine growing up as a child in that weird place. But I did have some questions about this book, like, why would Lucky try to run away during this very dangerous dust storm? She's a smart, science-oriented kid and knows how dangerous they are, so she doesn't seem like she would do that. But I liked how the main plot of the book was very minimal and just focused on what Lucky does in her everyday life with the people that surround her. I wouldn't say this was my favorite Newbery winner, but it was a cute and short read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment