Thursday, February 11, 2021

Lift by Kelly Corrigan

I don't know where I heard about this one, but I've listened to or read several of Kelly Corrigan's books by now, and always enjoyed them. So I guess I added this one to my to-read list, and then the library had an audiobook copy, and it was less than 2 hours, so of course I'm going to listen to it when I can knock it out so quickly! But this really didn't feel like it was worth the read. It was supposedly a letter to her daughters about how much she loves them, and it was really sweet in that way. What she had was well-written and sweet. But it just felt so short, kind of pointless, and not necessarily something that needed to be published. And I hate when people write about kids dying (her nephew, I think). This was nice, but nothing to write home about.

No comments:

Post a Comment